Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cover your sneeze!

We did such a cute project today for our "Staying Healthy" unit! I can't take credit for the idea - it comes from Mrs. Saylor's Log. We have been talking a lot about how to keep from spreading germs, and the importance of covering your coughs and sneezes by using your shoulder or a kleenex. Mrs. Saylor's project was a perfect application! I modified it a bit, changing the poem slightly and using photos of my kids instead of drawn faces.




Our poem says:

"Cover your cough,
Cover your sneeze,
Keep your germs
away from me, please!"






The kids cut out their poems and photos and pasted to their chosen paper, colored the hand (I googled 'hand clip art' to find one I liked) to match their skin color, and glued the kleenex and hand to their photo. When I read the poem to the kids, because it ended with a "please" request, one of my kiddos spontaneously piped up with a sweet "thank you!" response, so we added the thanks to their papers, too. We are all thankful for the chance to stay healthy this winter! Sicknesses are going around...
We hung them in the hallway outside our room this afternoon and already have had lots of compliments. The kids love incorporating photos of themselves into their work.

1 comment:

  1. What's up, after reading this remarkable article i am too delighted to share my experience here with colleagues.

    Also visit my blog: How To Download Minecraft

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover