Monday, January 23, 2012

It doesn't stay at work...

My brother has a job he doesn't think about after he leaves for the day. He simply doesn't have to. Now, you could not pay me enough to do what he does - it's difficult, demanding work, in an area I neither excel in nor enjoy. At all. But sometimes I envy him the ability to "leave it at the office," as it were.

Today I took too much home from school, and not in the lesson plan/project/grading way. I'm sure you know what I mean. I am anxious for a student whose family was just thrust into crisis mode via a very traumatic event this past week. I am sad and frustrated for a student whose bad home life just seems to get worse. I'm worried about a student whose health issues (seizures) have been getting worse lately. I'm agonizing over (probably too much) a passive-aggressive note I received from a parent. Tonight it's all feeling piled up.

You all know how it is, don't you? Of course you do.

It's not much, but a little thing brought a smile to my face as I was browsing the internet tonight. Have you all seen the Tumblr blog Hey Girl Teacher? The pictures have been popping up here and there on Pinterest lately. Basically, someone who is not Ryan Gosling posts photos of Ryan Gosling with captions like the following:
Some are funny, some more serious, some flirty, all a bit tongue-in-cheek. I browsed through them all and grinned a little. If you need a small pick-me-up aimed specifically at the hard-working teacher you are, check it out.

It really sometimes is the little things.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Ryan Gosling blog. I had tears from laughing so had and have shared it with lots of teachers! There is a librarian one too!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, Laurie! I'll have to check out the librarian one, too (and pass it along to a good friend of mine who is a librarian).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover