Wednesday, January 25, 2012

lessons in bargaining

Today we were working on a healthy/unhealthy food sort (using my awesome Target Dollar Spot finds I showed in this post). One of our 'unhealthy' items was a soft drink. I admitted to my kiddos that I need to drink less pop, since I drink too much of it and it's not good for me.

A little later in the day, I was heading out of our room to pick up the kids' lunches from the cafeteria. My kids know the teachers' lounge is right near the cafeteria, and that I frequently come back from getting lunches with a pop from the machine in the lounge for myself. Today, one of my guys piped up with, "Remember, don't drink too much pop!" I was so proud of him - he'd remembered the lesson! Of course, I left my dollar in my pocket and skipped the pop.

This same kid is a very picky eater who we struggle to get to eat vegetables. As I was dishing out his lunch, I put one small piece of broccoli on his plate, and told him that since he said I couldn't have pop today, I could tell him to eat a piece of broccoli.

Well, he looked up at me with a sly little grin and replied, "Miss Kara, go get yourself a pop."

I think my staff and I gave ourselves ulcers from trying not to laugh so hard. I love these kids!



I wanted to share photos of a few things we've been working on, but my computer is giving me issues tonight. Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover