Monday, January 30, 2012

Liebster Blog and more!

Thank you, thank you to Andrea at Ideas from a Busy Bee - she gave me the Liebster Blog Award!
The rules go as follows:

1. Show you appreciate the blogger who nominated you with a thank you shout out!
2. Nominate 5 other blogs, who have 200 followers or less, by leaving them a comment.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Keep up with the blogs you've given the award to...you never know when they are going to hit the blog world, big time!

So first of all, thank you so much to Andrea! Please go check out her blog - she is a fellow special education teacher and has some great ideas on her blog! She uses the Unique Learning System curriculum in her classroom, as I do, and it's always great to gain some more insight and ideas for using that resource!

The nomination part of this award is the tricky part, since there are so many wonderful teacher blogs I follow! The point of this award is to highlight blogs that have fewer than 200 followers, so that does narrow it down a bit! If I haven't mentioned your blog here, that certainly doesn't mean I don't love it! I've gleaned so much great information and ideas from all of you in the short time I've been teacher-blogging - thank you all!

And please go check out these great blogs I'm nominating:

Dawn at the Teaching Resource Resort has some great ideas and freebies on her blog! She is also trying to get a full listing of special ed teacher blogs, which I think is a great idea! Go link up with her at her "Blog Beach" if you're also a special education teacher!

Becky at Lesson Plans and Lattes is another special education teacher with some awesome ideas! I love her recent post on how she organizes her students' assessment results. If you're in sped, you know there are TONS of results and records to organize!

Brittany at Ms. Green Apple teaches middle school students with emotional and behavioral needs. Can we all just give her an award for that right now? I mean, really! Follow her for all the adventures that are sure to come along with her position!

Jen at Jen's OT for Kids has a lot of great ideas for promoting fine motor skills with your kiddos. I have to try her ice cube painting! How cool - I'd never have thought of that!

Christine at Learning Outside the Box teaches kids with learning disabilities, ADHD, and social skills challenges. She's got a lot of ideas on using technology in the classroom, too, so check her blog out!

~~~

Next, Rachel at Ms. Rachel's Room tagged me. Thanks! (This is going to make this an epically long blog post, but bear with me! I promise it'll be painless!)

The rules for this game are:


1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!



So, fun facts about me:
(curly border from Graphics From the Pond)


Here are my answers to Rachel's questions:


1. What was the name of your first pet? My first pet was a goldfish named, so originally, Goldie. My brother's fish was named Shark, which was a much better name!
2. What was your best moment as a teacher? It's hard to pick one! Something that happened really recently was one of my kiddos who has some major behavior issues, including violence towards others and self-abuse, earned "Student of the Month" for improved behavior! We have really been working on self-calming techniques and acceptable ways to express frustration, and it is starting to pay off! He was awarded it at a dance/celebration last Friday, and to hear him keep exclaiming "I'm so excited!! I got Student of the Month!!" and see his mile-wide smile was pretty darn amazing!
3. Where is your favorite place to buy clipart? I haven't bought much clipart yet, though that is slowly changing. I love KPM Doodles. She has such adorable art, and she works in a special education classroom, too!
4. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who can't stop texting someone else when they're in a face-to-face/in person conversation with someone!
5. What kind of car do you drive? I love my Honda Civic!
6. What is your favorite food? Hmm...again, it's hard to pick just one. But my weakness is pasta. If my body wouldn't hate me for it, I could eat it every night! I also really, really love zucchini.
7. What food do you HATE? Bananas. I think they are so disgusting!
8. What is your favorite winter activity? Staying inside with a blanket and coffee and a good book! I really don't like cold weather...
9. Have you ever completed a 1,000 piece puzzle? I don't think so! Maybe as a kid I helped with one my brother had going, but I've never had the patience for puzzles.
10. Where is your favorite place to buy clothes? I love, love, love Maurice's. It's a bad thing that there's one right next to the grocery store I frequent. Far too easy to just "stop in."
11. E-reader or real books? Real books! I love them. But, I will say, I have a Nook - got it last summer for a long plane ride and it was something like 1/2 off - and I really love it. I have been surprised at how much I use it - much more than I thought I would.
12. Mac or PC? PC. I just can't seem to make the switch!


Now I'm tagging 12 people:


...Okay, I lied about that part. I went looking for lovely bloggers to tag, and so many of you have already been tagged on this one at least once! I'd really love to hear from anyone - so if you haven't yet been tagged on this game (or if you'd just like to play again), consider yourself tagged by me :)


And here are 12 questions from me:


1. What is your favorite book to read to your class?
2. What's in your CD player (or most-played on your iPod) right now?
3. What is your favorite household chore?
4. What is your LEAST favorite household chore?
5. Do you make New Year's Resolutions? What was one of yours for 2012?
6. Where is someplace you'd really love to visit?
7. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
8. When do you find is your most productive time to work on lesson planning/school prep?
9. If you could have an all-paid shopping spree at any store, which one would you choose?
10. What was your favorite subject when you were a student?
11. What is your favorite sports team?
12. Who is one person that inspires you?

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Kara! Oh boy...this is going to take me some time to put together...especially since you went and did a fancy border ;)

    THANK YOU!!! :)Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Dawn! I admit I was just following after someone else with the fancy border! Have fun with it :)

      Delete
  2. Kara, you rock!! Thanks SO MUCH for the shout-out and the blog award! My first one, eeee! I can't wait to sit down sometime this week and pay it forward ;) I am so glad to see so many special ed. resources, and can't wait to check out the other blogs you nominated! LOVE your site! :)

    Cheers!
    Christine @ Learning Outside the Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Christine! There are so many great special ed resources and I always love finding more! Love your blog!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much Kara! Your blog is awesome. :)

    Brittany
    Ms. Green Apple

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover