Sunday, January 1, 2012

new year, new blog

Happy New Year!

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to begin a teaching blog. I've been stalking other teaching blogs for a while now, have gleaned some awesome information and ideas from many of them, and have become inspired to start my own.

I am a special education teacher in a center-based special education school. I teach a class of 9 to 14-year-olds who are classified as severely multiply impaired (SXI). This means my students have moderate to severe cognitive impairments (they function around the preschool/kindergarten level, cognitively/academically) and also have physical and/or other disabilities.

I'm at the tail end of my Christmas break, and planning on changing some things up in my classroom when we return from break! I'm looking forward to learning even more from other teacher bloggers, as well as sharing what we do in our classroom :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to be your first follower. Welcome to the blogging world.

    Mandy
    http://aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mandy - thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover