Wednesday, February 15, 2012

L is for the way you look at me...

Everyone is posting all the cute, fun things they did yesterday on Valentine's Day...and what did I do? Completely forgot to get the camera out all day! Bad teacher! We had a fun day yesterday, despite the lack of photo evidence!

We had a normal Tuesday morning, and our Valentine celebration began after lunch. The kiddos passed out their Valentine cards to their classmates, and then we did two fun Valentine centers - my Conversation Heart Sort and Rachel's Valentine Roll and Color. We read a few Valentine stories, and then it was time for the all-school Valentine dance! Our class was "hosting" the dance, so we helped decorate the gym, picked out CDs to play, made and sold popcorn, and ran cookie decorating and face painting (painted by staff!) stations during the dance. It was a big job, but our kids were proud to be helping out.

As my students are pre-teens and teenagers, there was the inevitable "romantic" drama to referee, too. One of my students in particular has a crush on a girl in the classroom across the hall. He was very excited that he was going to get to dance with her yesterday afternoon! He brought a special Valentine for her and everything. There was near-disaster when her class had a late start and didn't show up to the dance until it was almost over! Disaster was averted, however, when she was rolled into the gym and the two finally got to dance the "Macarena" together. Oh, middle school drama!

It was a fun day, but...I wouldn't be lying if I said I'm ready to not have another Valentine's Day for another year!

The highlight of my Valentine's Day actually came today - we had music class with our awesome music therapist, and one of the songs we sang was Nat King Cole's L-O-V-E - and one of my kiddos already knew all the words and sang it with such feeling...said he learned it from his mom who sings it to him. Cue me melting!

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed that you joined my site I clicked on your link...I am your newest follower!

    Michelle

    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a dance!! We do dances about three times a year, after school until about 8! so much fun! I like the idea of doing a lil mini dance though!


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover