Monday, February 6, 2012

February currently!

I used to do more seasonal/holiday-themed activities in my classroom before we started using the Unique Learning System curriculum. Now, we are much more focused on activities that have to do with our monthly unit theme...but I still like to do some fun holiday activities as we celebrate. On Valentine's Day, we're going to skip any unit activities and instead do a day of fun Valentine's-related stuff. In addition to things I've gotten from some TPT stores, and activities I've created, we're also going to make Valentine cards similar to this one (found on Pinterest; image credit to this website) for our sister school friends:
I think it's going to be a big hit to include the ASL sign for "I love you"...we use a lot of sign to supplement communication, and our sister school friends always want to learn more. I can't wait for my kids to make these!

Now, my February currently! I love these!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the ASL "I love you" activity:) I did one last year with my students and I had some pretty funny stories after. Some kids showed the "rock on" sign and another kid showed an inappropriate hand gesture (but didn't know that it was bad or what it meant) so I had to quickly diffuse the extra hand gestures and focus on "I love you". Super fun and cute though!

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's funny! All my kids know the (correct) sign for "I love you," but perhaps I should make sure our sister school friends get what it is before sending the cards over!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover