Sunday, February 19, 2012

Michigan blogger meetup!

What a great day! I spent a fabulous few hours in Lansing meeting some amazing fellow Michigan teacher bloggers! It was such a great time talking, laughing, sharing school horror stories, talking about blogging and technology...I feel like I have 8 new friends - and since some of the blogs I didn't know about, I have some new ones to follow, too.

Here's who was there:
Lisa and Beth from Made in the Shade in Second Grade
Amy from The Resource(ful) Room
Rachel from Ms. Rachel's Room
Christina from Mrs. Bainbridge's Class
Jessica from Apples and Papers
Holly from Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade
Andrea from Stepping Into First Grade
Holly, Beth, Lisa, Amy
me, Andrea, Rachel, Christina, Jessica

I am still a new blogger, and these ladies are all so encouraging and inspiring! Thanks especially to Amy for organizing the meetup! I had such a great time, and if you weren't able to make it today, join us next time!

After the meetup, Rachel and I hit up the Lansing Target. I came home with some awesome Dollar Spot (and non-Dollar Spot) finds - and how much fun to indulge in my obsession with a fellow teacher!! We have big plans for our purchases (and we're also going to try and get our classes to be able to Skype - how fun would that be?!)
 Dollar Spot stuff - clearance ($0.30!!) file folders, some other filing clutches, popcorn containers I always eye - Rachel convinced me to pick them up! - magnetic clips, spring/Easter sprinkles, eggs for color sorting or patterning.
The non-Dollar Spot stuff. Easter activities, and...do you see those birthday candle numbers? Do you SEE them?! We have such an awesome idea for those. I'm so excited to get it set up (and will share when I do, of course).

I feel re-energized now...I hope everyone who has tomorrow off for President's Day has a great day! I have a full day of PD, myself. Hopefully I'll have some classroom work time in there, too.

11 comments:

  1. It was super fun and so nice to meet you!

    You got some good finds at Target- I didn't see the foam Easter shapes so now I am going to have to go to Target tomorrow!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to meet you, too! :)

      The foam shapes weren't in the Dollar Spot...I think we found them on an endcap near the craft supplies.

      Kara

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for coming, it was a ton of fun!! Great Target finds!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun - and now I'm following your cute blog!!!! Thanks for making me laugh!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for all the finds! Mine are still in the car!


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to meet up with other bloggers/teachers! Makes me want to live in Michigan! ;) I found your blog while searching for spec. ed. blogs and then through Ms. Rachel's Room!
    I am a special ed teacher too! I love finding new ideas!
    *new follower*

    Kim
    specedteacherk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to meet you! It was such a fun time! I've been putting off going to Tarjay because seriously, I can't leave without spending at least $50, but now I will have to go! Too many cute things that I "need"!!

    Hope to meet up again soon!
    Andrea
    Stepping Into First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was soooo nice meeting you yesterday! We had so much and I am super jealous of your amazing Target finds! I think I'll have to go out today after all...hehe :) Can't wait for the next meet-up!

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds!! I realized I could have went with you too...oh well next time right? So glad to meet you! Another meet up soon I hope. :)
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am your newest follower! Your blog is great!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fаstidious reρliеs in retuгn of this dіfficulty ωith firm
    агguments and deѕcribing еverything regarding that.


    Feel fгeе to surf to my pаge
    diet
    Also see my website - diet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover