Thursday, February 2, 2012

TGI(a)F...Thank Goodness It's Almost Friday!

I just told one of my cats to "let me know when you're ready to make the right choice" as he was scratching the couch.

Yeah, it's been one of those weeks.

I had crazy-tough days at school yesterday and today. I have been spit on, bitten, and pinched/scratched way too many times to count (it's days like these I just forget about behavior tracking because it gets counterproductive and escalates the problem...I estimate at the end of the day, instead...conservative estimation gets me in the hundreds, for most behaviors the past couple days). It's literally constant, all day long. Yes, this is one student. Yes, he's in my group this week. (This is not unusual behavior for him - but it's unusual in its frequency and deliberate-ness. He's having a tough week right along with me!)

We are required to fill out staff injury reports for anything related to the eye (check...spit in the eye) and anything that breaks the skin (check and check a few times over, bites and scratches). I don't find it necessary - this happens too often for me to go to the clinic each time, so what's the point? - but policy is policy and so I've had LOTS of extra paperwork. In addition to putting out other fires with the other students who are - surprise, surprise - quite distracted by all the behaviors. I don't feel that we've gotten tons of learning accomplished, though I'm so thankful to my classroom staff for being so able to step in with the other kiddos while I deal with my friend.

And then there was the irritation of my principal spilling coffee all over my IEP goal reports, so I had to re-print them all before I could send them home. A small irritation, sure, but on top of the spit (that, and not the biting is, for some reason, the hardest to deal with for me) it was just One More Thing.

But then, I got home yesterday and found out I WON the Stars and Stripes Pack Giveaway from Diane and Kelly over at Made for 1st Grade!!!! I was jumping up and down in my living room, I was so excited! I never win anything, and this is just great! I've just started to look through the massive pack of center activities, and they look awesome - I can't wait to use them with my kiddos! The giveaway also included a President's Day and US Symbols Unit from Rachelle at What the Teacher Wants - another awesome unit that I can't wait to use! Thank you, Diane, Kelly and Rachelle!!! I'm still really giddy about that!

Okay, must gear up for one more day. Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday. I know I'm really ready for the weekend! Anyone else?!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky! We have been living in American Symbol world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like our lives are very similar!!!!!!!! Are you going to MI blogger meetup?? I just fill out those forms, hand them in, and say, "yes, i've had my tetanus, yes, i cleaned out the bite/scratch/whatever out, ok thanks"......

    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same with the forms...I think they just sit forever in a file on my principal's desk, actually...

      Yes, I'm going to the MI meetup! I can't wait!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover