Monday, March 5, 2012

Currently, The Good Doctor, and Awards!

It's been a while...my computer died on me last week, like won't-turn-on-died (ack!), so I am using my "back up" laptop - which I replaced several years ago in the first place since it was so slow and couldn't be fixed! Thank goodness for a flash drive I had all my school stuff on...And I hope this post goes through. I also hope the Geek Squad at Best Buy can fix my other computer...fingers crossed! Here's some major catching up:

First, March's Currently at Oh Boy Fourth Grade - I love these linky parties! Pay special attention to this month's rules for the last space :)
(Hilarious...it's true. My students laugh at me all day long! I can't even almost drop something on the floor or stumble over one word in a crazy tongue-twister Dr. Seuss book without someone cracking up! It keeps me honest, I guess!)

Next, speaking of Dr. Seuss...we spent all of last week reading the good doctor's books and doing fun activities to celebrate his day. Here are just a couple of the things we accomplished:


ABAB patterning with Cat in the Hat hats. We talked about the pattern on the Cat's hat (red-white-red-white-red-white). The kids had to choose their own colors and make a similar pattern. We do patterning every morning on our calendar, but this was still a tough project for my kids, since they are very visual and major copiers. They all wanted to do red-white-red white...and were aghast that I didn't provide them white paper to complete their patterns! Eventually they owned the project and no one created the same pattern :)





We also did The Teacher's Cauldron's "Roll a Lorax" activity, which turned out so great! I traced the Lorax onto several different colors of paper, so with each roll the kiddos not only picked up the correct body part, but also chose the color they wanted...we have some darn cute Loraxes on our hallway wall now!

And last, but certainly not least...I received some absolutely wonderful blog awards! Karlie at We Are All Special and Karla at Life in Special Education gave me the One Lovely Blog Award
...and Miss S. at Just Teaching Kindergarten gave me the Top 10 Blog Award
 I am so very honored - thank you so much to Karlie, Karla and Miss S! Please, everyone, go check out their blogs!

In return, I am giving both awards to these wonderful blogs I follow (and you should check these out, too):

Rachel @ Ms. Rachel's Room
Stephanie @ Teaching in Room 6
Erin @ Creating and Teaching
Miss Foote @ Chickadee Jubilee
Amy @ The Resource(ful) Room
Amanda @ A Special Kind of Class
Heather @ Heather's Heart

I know I didn't check if you have received these awards already - I would have checked, and split the awards up for that matter - had my computer been working at all this week - so I'm sure there are some repeats...but you all deserve it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those Lorax's turned out so cute!!!!! Oh I now, Hoarders makes me feel like an organizational genius!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Loraxes! My classroom staff was so excited about them, too. I think we're going to have to do them every year now :)

      Hoarders makes me either feel like an organizational genius, or makes me worried that I could, in 30 or so years, be put on that show myself ;) Depends on the day!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the award, glad to see your back! Hope the Geek Squad get's that computer fixed, mine broke once and I did not last two days without total meltdown breaking the piggy bank to go get a new one! Love your currently!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the verge of a meltdown myself without the computer! I have to restart this old one every hour to get it to work! Here's hoping...I really don't want to have to break the piggy bank!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover