Saturday, April 14, 2012

Earth Day/Tree Observation Journal and...I've been tagged!

Have I really not blogged in a whole week? It was slow getting back into the swing of things after spring break...add to that I had an IEP this week on our brand-new IEP system (I was the first teacher in our building to complete an IEP on the system and there are glitches galore!), then a team from the district came to film my class and a few others for a promotional video - and of course, my students were so distracted and excited by the video cameras that they just stared at me blankly when I asked simple questions like "what are some words that begin with the letter L?" Of course. Next week will be better!

(...This weekend is already much better, since I finally joined the rest of the world and got to see The Hunger Games last night!! Amazing.)

My students have "adopted" a tree on our campus for April/our ULS "plant" unit/Earth Day and are going to be collecting our observations all month. They are really getting into it - they even had to tell our principal that he can see "our" tree from the window in his office! We are going to be observing changes in our tree at least once per week for the month (and maybe longer - they are really liking this so far). I put the journal on TPT here if you're interested in it for your class:


In other news, I've been tagged by Valerie at All Students Can Shine! Thanks, Valerie!



Here are the rules to this tag game:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)

Here are Valerie's questions and my answers...she went with a "would you rather" theme with her questions:


1. Coffee or Tea? Coffee! I have a bit of a coffee addiction. And I drink it black only!
2. Teachers Pay Teachers or Teacher's Notebook? Teachers Pay Teachers for me, if only because it's the one I'm most familiar with. I've thought about putting my products on Teacher's Notebook, but I don't really know much about it - anyone care to share pros and cons?
3. Dog or Cats? Dogs! I love dogs and really want one, someday...I grew up with a dog, but haven't had one since she passed away five years ago. I have cats, but I always say I love my cats, not all cats.
4. Summer or Winter? Summer! I really don't like cold weather and snow. I love when I can have the windows open, be outside every day, stop wearing heavy sweaters and coats...and though our program goes through the summer so I don't get the usual teacher perk of a true summer break, I really like our reduced schedule of three days per week June through August.
5. Back Pack vacation or Beach? Hmm...this is a hard one! I love both! I just had a beach vacation, though, so I'm going to have to go with backpacking for this one. I have not been backpacking in about six years when my dad and I backpacked on Lake Michigan's North Manitou Island.
6. Book Reading or Blog Stalking? I blog stalk much more often, but I love book reading and need to take more time for it.
7. Meat or Veggies? I'm vegetarian, so definitely veggies. Love them!
8. Married, Single, Engaged, or other? Single.
9. Giveaway or Freebies? I love both, of course, but probably freebies, just because you're guaranteed to get those! ;)
10. Nightlight or Darkness? (don't laugh... I'm VERY afraid of the dark! lol) Darkness. I can't get to sleep if there's too much light.

I am going to have to post my questions and those I'm tagging later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover