Wednesday, May 23, 2012

goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo

First of all, are any Michigan sped teachers going to the MITS/REMC technology conference in Traverse City in June?? I'm almost 100% sure I'm going - just need to get final confirmation from the district that they're footing the bill and approving my conference days off. If anyone else is going, let me know! I'd love to do a mini-meetup!

Today we took the kiddos on a CBI to the zoo. It was PACKED with school groups, and I have to say, I give all you regular ed teachers with classes of 20+ kids major props for even attempting field trips. I counted kids All. Day. Long. and I only have to count up to 8! I think my blood pressure would go through the roof if I had to take a full regular ed class anywhere other than the school playground.

I am happy to report that we did not kill any zoo animals (almost been there-done that a few years ago!)...and we also did not encounter any rude kids like we did during our trip to the butterfly gardens/sculpture park.

It was a sunny day, gorgeous weather for being outside - the animals were all really active, so it was fun to watch. The one "incident" was a goat in the petting zoo area eating a strap off of one of my kids' wheelchairs - thankfully it was not an essential strap!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I haven't been to the zoo in forever.
    Alana
    Special Teaching in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like y'all had a great time at the zoo!

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love going to the zoo. I bet the kids had a great time being out of the classroom!

    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning to take my kids to the zoo. I am sure they will have lot of fun over there and they are really very excited about the idea of going to the zoo.
    zoo videos for kids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover