Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Pick-Me-Up

The weekend is almost over...I'm always in need of a little pick-me-up on Sunday afternoons, when it seems I never got quite as much done over the weekend as I'd have liked! Here's something that will surely bring a smile to your face and inspire you today!

Have you heard of the PS22 Chorus? If not, you should! It's a 5th grade choir from PS22 on Staten Island...their teacher, Mr. B, posts videos of their rehearsals and performances on youtube and his blog, and these kids are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I know, 5th grade chorus, you're thinking...But these guys are incredible. They sing current hits, classics, and everything in between. They've sung with the likes of Tori Amos, Carrie Underwood, Katy Perry...been featured on TV, sung at the Oscars, won awards...

Only check out their blog if you want to spend a few hours listening to everything they've created over the years! (Really. Discovering them last year was kind of like the first time I discovered Pinterest!) This group and their teacher are truly inspiring.
I never had fun like that in my elementary school choir!! Their passion, commitment, and enjoyment of what they do is so apparent.

If you've got a few hours (ha!), check them out: http://ps22chorus.blogspot.com/ - you won't regret it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. They are amazing! And you weren't kidding about needing a few hours to watch them - I couldn't stop! All those kids have an amazing gift and a wonderful teacher to guide them.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. another addiction, just what I need.

    lol.


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover