Sunday, July 1, 2012

July Currently!

Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians out there! I sang 'O Canada' for you today while driving to my parents'...I know all the words because I played French horn in high school...for an audition I once had to play a version of your anthem, and on my score were the lyrics. So I memorized it really well! (It sounds great on the French horn, too, by the way!)

Wow, that was a tangent. I'm here to link up with Farley's July Currently!
My neighbors have been setting off fireworks for about three weeks now, so my 'listening' is nothing new. Here in Michigan, any fireworks that go off the ground have always been illegal to set off at your home. We went to Indiana to get the "good" fireworks (and we might have illegally brought them back across the border...shhh...don't tell)! This year is the first year they have legalized the fun fireworks here, and you can actually buy them...So people are really excited about shooting them off. It's been pretty noisy here most nights!

My reads...Who doesn't love Henry and Mudge?! And for my professional book I chose Literacy Beyond Picture Books: Teaching Secondary Students with Moderate to Severe Disabilities:
I am cheating a bit with this choice, since I have only just recently started going through the book...But I can already tell it's going to be one I refer to again and again!

So, go ahead and link up with the July Currently - I always love reading them and getting a glimpse into bloggers' "real lives."

(PS - I read and followed the rules...Did you?! ;))

12 comments:

  1. Kara, That book looks like a great Professional book for any teacher. Thanks for the book idea.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Nicole! It's pretty specific to teaching students with severe impairments, but I imagine there is still quite a lot any teacher could glean :)

      Kara

      Delete
  2. Kara,

    First of all, I love your blog. Elephants are my favorite!!!

    Second, I'm your newest follower!

    Courtney
    3rd Grade Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish I had air conditioning! Fans are on in EVERY room at our house.

    Have a good week. I am your newest follower! I just started a blog, and this is my first linky party!

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FIRST ... I LOVE your blog design!!! it is unique and so pretty and cute and i am just lovin it!!!
    thanks so much for linking up and YAY for AC right??? and here is a secret... I am going to write about needing rain more often it has been raining on and off here since I posted the CURRENTLY!!! LOL YAY for my grass :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yay for your grass! Unfortunately the Currently magic did not work for rain here...maybe I'll need to try again!

      Thanks for running such a fabulous linky!

      Kara

      Delete
  7. I'm loving my A/C and all my ceiling fans too. I live in AZ and it's so stinking hot here all the time. I love your elephants! So cute!

    Susie's Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha everyone is talking about their ac!

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    I hope that you'll join me for my giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its been super hot where I live too, and all my plants are dying! But then over the weekend there was a huge rainstorm and lots of towns got flooded. Apparently there's no happy medium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that's rough! I hope you are safe from the flooding where you are!

      Kara

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover