Saturday, August 4, 2012

August Currently...already?!

So hard to believe it's already August! A moment of silence for those of you who are already in school, or who start next week...Yikes! I am glad that in Michigan, we are not allowed to start until after Labor Day (for the tourist industry to have one last summer holiday weekend!).

I am linking up with Farley for this month's Currently:
Listening & needing: Yes...my television service is out. I haven't been able to watch much of the Olympics at all. I was spoiled by Facebook for who won gold in women's gymnastics...I wanted to be surprised! Thankfully, my best friend is DVRing gymnastics (my fave!) for me.

Thinking: Have you heard of the Color Run? I'm doing this tomorrow:
Doesn't that look like some crazy fun?! I watched a friend in a Color Run in Denver earlier this year, but have never run one myself. I'm excited! They call it the Happiest 5k on the Planet!

And my B2S:
1. Velcro...I use Velcro like it's going out of style. Communication boards, schedules, games, labels, everything is Velcroed (yes, I've made it into a verb). My favorite kind is the sticky back, preferably in pre-cut dots, even though that's more expensive. I hate, hate, hate cutting Velcro!
2. My laminator...pretty self-explanatory!
3. A new lunch bag...This coming school year my class will be eating lunch in the cafeteria for the first time (we have always eaten in our room). Since I eat with my kids, eating in "public" means I need a cute lunch bag. Of course. Since until now I have just used plastic grocery bags, and that just won't do.

Go link up here...and remember Farley's rule of three!

11 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Farley's Currently. I LOVE it. I love the elephants. I also love that you teach in Michigan. I went to school in Michigan, but just moved to Thailand so the weather is quite different now :( Anyway, I hope your cable gets fixed the Olympics are wonderful!!

    Brittany
    Stickers and Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting you from Farley's Currently, too! Your blog is so cute! I had a few friends do the Color Run a few weekends ago here in MN- it looks super fun! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of a "Color Run" before, and I think I've heard of it 3 times this week! It sounds like so much fun!

    Our kids don't go back until after Labor Day, too, but we start workshops next week... 3 days of Common Core, I'm hoping it's good stuff!

    Don't you love Farley's Currentlys?

    Saly from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you through the linky party! Can't wait to start following your blog!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog over on Farley's Currently link party! I must say...I L.O.V.E your background! I collect elephants! Have fun with the Color Run, you should post some pics when you're done! I'd love for you to hop over to my blog and check it out!

    Lisa @ Tales of an Education Major

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck at the Color Run. I need to do one of those! I have heard they are a blast from lots of people and have yet to still do it. I can't wait to see some pics!

    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - I want to do the color run!!!! It looks like such a blast. Be sure to blog about it after you do it! Good luck!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the third person to mention the Color Run this week! I think my friends and I are going to {walk} it next year! Let me know how it goes!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and LOVE it! I love getting to hear what other special ed teachers are doing! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  10. eeeh, I thought about doing the Color Run in GR but I didn't sign up in time. Im loving the new blog look!

    And I order Velcro dots every year on a huge roll from some company, if you're interested I can find the name.


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used the rest of my building budget before I moved on velcro! I spent a fortune but I knew I would need it for re-velcroing (see I am creating words too) a whole new room. I bought a super huge roll of soft and a matching scratchy roll. I also bought huge roles of the precut dots (1440 of each) and I am actually almost out of the soft dots... ahhh!!! It's only August! What I should have also bought were some new scissors. I too HATE cutting velcro and I have ruined/broken several pairs of scissors trying!

    Allison
    Miss Allison's Class

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover