Monday, September 3, 2012

September Currently...and a freebie!

I've been a bit MIA from blogging lately...busy with an extended family crisis on top of getting the classroom ready for the new school year. I hope to be a bit more here once things settle down a bit. I can't believe students come back tomorrow! I also can't believe it's time for another Currently!

My favorite things:
1. My "niece" and "nephews" - I don't have actual nieces and nephews yet, but I'm happy to claim an honorary niece - my cousin's 18-month-old - and two honorary nephews - my best friend's 4- and 2-year-olds. I love being Aunt Kara!
2. Books...love 'em. Self-explanatory, yes?
3. Canning is a new love for me! My brother has a huge garden in his backyard and is also a member of a CSA, so he has TONS of produce. This past Friday, he, my sister-in-law and I canned for 6 1/2 hours straight. I can't wait to taste the salsa and marinara sauces we made with such amazing, fresh veggies!

Go link up with this month's Currently - and remember Farley's Rule of 3!


And finally, here's a freebie for you - Bingo games for some of Fry's first sight words. We will be rockin' these games soon in our classroom! Click the image to grab it for free @ my TPT store:

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great first day of school! I know the feeling of blog world being MIA lately. I've felt bad too. Don't know how some of the hardcore bloggers have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a back to school present for myself, from myself. I might have to add something to my cart tonight. Happy first day!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate last minute staff changes! So stressful! Hope it works out and hope you have a great first day tomorrow :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last minute staffing changes can be tricky business!! Thanks for the freebie!! and I totally get what you mean aboutt he book thing, I love "getting lost" in a good book!


    Ms. Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover