Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year...a sale and some resolutions!

Happy New Year, everyone - and happy bloggiversary to me! I realized the other day that I began this blog on January 1, 2012. Spedventures will be 1 year old in just two days! This past year has been wonderful - I have met friends (Michigan ladies, when is our next meetup?!), blogged about some fun things in my classroom, even sold a few products in my store...and most importantly, I've grown so much as a teacher - so many wonderful ideas and resources from all of you. I am still feeling newly energized and inspired in my teaching, and I owe that to teacher blogs...So, thank you all! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

To say both Happy New Year and Happy Bloggiversary to Me, I'm having a sale! Click the image below to get 20% off at my TPT store from the 31st through Jan. 3:

I'm also linking up The Teacher's Cauldron's New Years Linky. I'm not big on a lot of New Years resolutions, so I really like this idea of just a couple:

My personal resolution is to work out at least 3 times per week. I have not been working out regularly at all over the past several months and I can tell! I have tried more strict "working out" resolutions in the past (5 or 6 days per week, etc.) and it hasn't happened. 3 days is doable for me, and bonus - I will feel great if I surpass that goal on a given week! I am looking forward to being healthier in the new year, and at the same time not stressing too much about getting there.

My blogging resolution is to comment more on blogs! I used to do this a lot more. I do always read my blog roll...and I tend to bookmark posts to go back and comment on, but never do...I just need to comment "in the moment" rather than saving it. I get such joy out of receiving comments on my blog; I would love to be better at leaving comments myself.

Link up by clicking the image below to share your own resolutions!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your one year blog birthday Kara!! :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on both accounts...work out more and comment more. I wish commenting burned calories...wouldn't that be awesome?!?!?

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade


    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be great, Holly?! There must be some way to combine blogging and working out...

      Kara

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover