Sunday, February 3, 2013

February Currently

It's time for February's Currently!

Listening - do any of you watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet? I probably will skip the football game (maybe I'll leave it on in the background) but watching adorable puppies romp around? Yes, please!

Loving - yes, my furnace is back to working! I'm sooo relieved - and warm. Also, a family friend is in the middle of finishing my basement for me! I'm so excited to have a customized work space for lesson planning/printing/laminating/creating/blogging...as well as a space for working out, and a finished laundry room.
Here's a "before" picture of what will be my teacher work area - previously only storage:
And how the same space looks now...walls, lighting, space for a counter/desk (going to be installed tomorrow I believe), storage closets at the back! Obviously there's still a ways to go but so far I'm in love!

Wanting - every single school district in our area has had at least one snow day so far...except mine (not particularly unusual, but it does get a little anticlimactic with morning after morning of scrolling through the massive list of school closings and not finding my district). I have felt so behind lately that just one day would be super-nice!

Pet Peeves - To me, having an entitlement complex is one of the least attractive characteristics another person can have...I seem to have a few of these people in my life lately. It's exhausting.

All right, I'm off to link up with Farley's linky - remember the Rule of Three! - and to get back into printing and laminating!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog in Farly's currently. You sound more productive that me this weekend. My little one was sick, so I didn't get a lot accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad I found yours, I just got my Master's in Special Education and hope to be teaching a Life Skills class next year. I completely agree with you on wanting another day in the weekend. Time just flies by way too fast.

    Jamie
    Sixth Grade Tales

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use another snow day myself.
    I am jealous of your new developing work space!
    Looks awesome!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so seriously jelly of your workspace! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally kept going back and shopping for more yesterday! :) Super excited about your workspace, looks great!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like your basement is coming along! We are hoping to finish our basement, but haven't tackled that yet. I hope you get a snow day soon! :)
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am your newest follower : )! Stop on by! Thanks!
    Sparkle in Second

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. your progress looks great! and so glad you have heat again!

    A snow day would be awesome...

    Brie @ Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover