Monday, March 4, 2013

March Currently!

March snuck up on me!
Listening - anyone else completely addicted to Downton Abbey?! People from work encouraged me to start watching...I am finally up to the third season. I hear something horrible happened in the final episode - please don't tell me what it is! :)

Loving - I talked in my February Currently about my basement remodel. I'm so excited that construction is done (goodbye, drywall dust!!) and now I just have painting and carpet left. My parents and brother and sister-in-law helped me prime the whole basement this weekend! Here is the progress on my new teacher work area - counter/desk (3 feet deep for large projects - so excited!) and custom storage closets!! A big change from the photos I took a month ago :) It's wonderful having a talented, experienced builder in the extended family!
I'm hoping by April Currently I'll be able to show off the completed room!! I can't wait to move all my "school stuff" into this space.

Thinking & Needing - I have not had to write an IEP since October...and now I have most of my class due for one in the next couple weeks (along with parent-teacher conferences coming up). I need to figure out how to spread these things out more!

Wanting - My birthday is the same day as Dr. Seuss's. I have leftover cake in my fridge. Danger!

Like/Love/Hate - Farley's rules say I need to use one word for each...that start with the first letter of my first name! K is a bum letter. I always hated those "ice breaker" games as a kid ("My name is Kara and I like __________.") because I could never think of anything to say. Kangaroos are a silly thing to like (rather, I like elephants better!)...I don't knit...Saying I like kids sounds creepy...But here we go, the ol' college try:

-I like Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa...it is my kids' next chapter book! I'm excited - I think they'll love it. Thanks to Jennifer @ Herding Kats in Kindergarten who recommended this series when I asked for suggestions on my facebook page!
-I love kale. I love any greens, really...but kale is a favorite. So yummy! I still have yet to perfect kale chips, though - can never seem to get them right.
-I couldn't think of a "k" word that I hate...There goes K as a bum letter again!

So there you go...link up with Farley's Currently and remember her rule of three!

(Hopefully I can get some stuff together and actually post a few products I've been working on soon...Busy...stress...oy. Anyone else feeling that, too? Spring break is not for another month for me...and I don't get a winter break like a lot of schools seem to! Winter break for us means Christmas break...How soon is spring break for you?)

8 comments:

  1. Loving your basement! What a great workspace! I'm so jealous!I found you through Farley's Currently and I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to see your pictures next month!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the linky party! Congrats on your basement! We are finishing up our house right now. I know how exciting that can be!!!

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are able to find time to enjoy your new basement:) I too just got into Downton Abbey, and have only seen season 3. I just purchased season 1 from amazon and am currently waiting for it to arrive:) Season 3 definitely has a lot going on...I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did! I am a huge anglophile and a history buff so this is the perfect show for me:) We used to get a week off for winter break, but now we get a 4 day Presidents' Day weekend. I am looking forward to spring break though which for me starts up at Easter! Good luck with the IEPs!!! :)
    Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful closets! I am so jealous right now. My husband and I have been looking for a bigger place with more closet space. Our house was built in the 1700s and the closets are not even deep enough for a hanger. Seriously. Oh, and we only have two of them... one of which he built for me! What were we thinking moving in here? I'm glad I found your blog- we seem to have a lot in common! :)

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I absolutely love your blog design. My classroom is a safari theme! It would be perfect for my blog. I couldn't imagine writing those IEPs. If I was in your shoes I would be procrastinating as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your basement is looking so good!!

    I'm with you on the IEPs - why do they always happen at once?!!

    Brie @ Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed with the IEPs! It's crazy! Most of mine were in the first 2 months of school, the last of them in October as well. Now the other half are due now, along with P/T conferences, and state testing. Eek!

    Christy
    Teaching In Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I've started a sped blogger link up on my blog. I hope you'll stop by and link up your sped blog! When you stop by, click on the "Special Education Blogs" link up top.

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover