Monday, April 1, 2013

Sale, Autism Month, Currently!

First of all, it's April 1 and - no fooling here - my sale has started on my TPT store...hop on over for 20% off today and tomorrow!

Second of all, April is Autism Awareness Month! I was hoping to find the ABA Flash Cards apps free today, as they were last April when I didn't have my iPad yet...they are not free yet but I remain hopeful that maybe they will be again. I did find this great app for free, though:
I don't know how to link to the app store, but just search "sequences for autism" in the app store and it should come up. There are pre-made sequences - kids drag and drop the steps into correct order, there is included audio and the steps can play uninterrupted in sequence when finished. You can also create your own sequences with your own pictures by using the admin character. I just played around with this app a little bit and I love it so far!

And finally, it's time for April's Currently!
Listening - one of my favorite things about Pandora is discovering music I'd probably have never found otherwise! I'm loving me some Bon Iver this morning.

Loving - I do love the sunshine...just wish it was a little warmer already...

Thinking/Needing - Happy Spring Break to me! I'm flying out this evening to visit my cousins and their new baby until Thursday. I'm excited! I do need to pack still, though.

Wanting - This month was nutso, and I didn't get as much of my basement teacher work area finished as I'd have liked. It is all painted, though! Hopefully soon I will get carpet in and then can finally start moving stuff in for real.

Advice - Remember it's about the kids first - obvious, probably, but sometimes I think we can get so worried about followers, views, sales, etc. that those things overshadow the reason we're all here in the first place! It's nice to remind myself of that from time to time :)

Go link up with Farley's Currently!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting your basement done and I hope the upcoming month is less stressful than this past month!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice!! And enjoy your spring break :)

    I found the link for the app you were talking about - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sequences-for-autism/id621733342?mt=8 - too bad I don't have my iPad yet!!!

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that you get to meet the new baby this week! Good luck with finishing your teacher area :)
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I like the app! I will have to download that. Enjoy your spring break, I know I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your advice and so true! Thanks for helping me to remind myself. Since you mentioned Autism month...there are two great Autism linkys that started today you may not know about! Check them out: http://crayonboxlearning.blogspot.com/2013/03/autism-awareness-linky-party.html

    http://www.autismclassroomnews.com/2013/03/autism-awareness-and-acceptance-month.html

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up on the autism linkys, Traci! :)

      Delete
  7. Did you see all the freebies today? I downloaded a ton! If you haven't yet, send me an email and I can forward you the list!

    Im gunna try and be a good blogger again ( Worlds Worst Blogger Right Here, lol)

    Hope all is well!



    Ms. Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of freebies lately! So great!

      It's awesome to see you around again, Rachel! :) Hope you're doing well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover