Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day gifts

Happy Mother's Day! I spent the day yesterday with my absolutely wonderful mom. To illustrate how wonderful she is, when I arrived at her house yesterday, she gave me a care package for my classroom staff and me! She said she felt bad that she can't help with our student in crisis, so she figured we could at least use some chocolate. (Could we!) We are now in business with caramel brownies, cookie bars, etc. Love my mom.

For Mother's Day gifts in our classroom, we took our kids out to the lawn in front of school for a Mother's Day photoshoot, and made the photos into cards for moms. The kids each held a whiteboard with the text "I love you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!" in their pictures. They turned out so fabulously! I wish I could actually show you how great these photos turned out. I have a group of really photogenic kiddos! I'm sure moms will love the cards.

We also made Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub as gifts. This was something really simple that all my kids could do independently (measure, pour and mix) - and it was different than our usual crafty gift. Hopefully their moms enjoy a bit of pampering!

I neglected to take photos of the kids making the scrub (they each made an individual batch) - they were so proud!

The basic recipe for Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub was 2 parts sugar to 1 part oil (vegetable or olive) - and we added just enough lemon juice to add a refreshing scent. Super easy!

3 comments:

  1. What a great mother's day gift idea! I'll try to remember this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and easy - my kind of classroom gift :) You could change it up - I think vanilla for Christmas would be great, too!

      Delete
  2. What an awesome idea! I love this! I will definitely use it for proportions in math as well as mother's day gifts :)
    Thanks! I'm a new follower!
    Jenn
    DoodlingAroundin6thGrade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover