Saturday, June 15, 2013

School's out for summer! and my Pinterest addiction...

Schooooool's out for summer! (Not really, Alice Cooper - I had two days off and then started summer school already - but it still feels like a break! My summer school schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - four day weekends! Love it!)

I love this linky party hosted by Ashley of Just Reed - 10 favorite Pinterest pins! This week's linky is all about classroom decor! My top ten are (in no particular order):

1. 
These clocks are on my to-do list for this summer! I love the visual of when we have a 'special,' etc. on any given day. We have a foam clock from the Dollar Tree already which we set for occasional reminders, but I'd love to do this on a regular basis.

2. 
What a meaningful, welcoming touch! I can see this on the classroom door...

3. 
Framing those must-post procedures, maps, etc. makes a huge difference for such a small change.

4. 
Cute way to display birthdays! Since I only have 9 students, I may have them hold their entire birthday instead of breaking it up by month. They'll love it.

5. 
I love this way to assign seats at small group tables.

6. 
Great idea for affixing name plates to desks - no more tape/contact paper. I just wonder if my students would be too tempted to play with them/pull them off. I'm going to give it a try, though!

7. 
(source: One Extra Degree)
This was such a huge discussion after our more stringent lockdown drill rules following the Sandy Hook tragedy - the time it takes to lock the classroom door/the necessity of being out in the hallway to lock the door. This is a cute, practical way to keep the door locked at all times but still able to open easily unless the lock is needed.

8. 
(source: Prepare to Play)
I love the idea of displaying the kids' framed family photos in the classroom.

9. 
I'm going to do a Hollywood classroom theme for next school year - this would be a fun bulletin board for the beginning of the year!

10. 
(source: amazon)
Curtains in the classroom? Yes, please! Great Command Hook idea.

Go link up with Ashley - I'd love to see more fabulous decor pins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover