Tuesday, July 16, 2013

3D Baseball Craft

Our summer school unit/theme is baseball this year, so today we did a 3D baseball art project that worked on scissors skills, fine motor, following directions...

I prepped by tracing three circles on white cardstock per student (I traced a smallish paper plate) and tracing two red curved lines on each "ball." The kids cut the circles out, folded, glued and used Q-tips to dot red paint for the baseball "stitches." We hung them from our ceiling:




















I didn't get great photos - hard to snap a good one with my phone while the baseballs are spinning in the breeze from our multiple fans (our air conditioning at school was broken today - on the hottest day of the summer so far!).

But, you can find great directions with photos at Pitter Patter Art - I can't remember if this was a pinterest find or I just stumbled across it on some random blog clicks - but it was a simple, fun project that turned out great!

1 comment:

  1. Great project Kara! I'm guessing you are using ULS for your summer unit? :) Cute idea. I love reading your posts and wanted to nominate you for the Liebster Award! (I know you have over 200 followers, but I just love your blog!) :)

    Liebster is German and means “dearest,” “lovely,” “cute,” “beloved,” and “welcome”.

    Here are the rules of Liebster Award:
    1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
    2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
    3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
    4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
    5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
    6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination.

    You can read more about the award on my blog post here: http://teachingkidswithspecialneeds.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover