Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Currently July and a Sale!

July already! June flew by. I'm linking up with Farley's Currently, of course:

Listening - it's been raining all night...all day...I'm loving it - as long as it gets it out of its system in time for Fourth of July fun in a couple days!

Loving - I'm teaching summer school, and we have this entire week off! Hooray! Also, definitely loving on my Desmond - he's such a sweet boy (but doesn't like the rain). Here he is all snuggled up - looking at me like, you've got to be kidding me; I'm not going out in that!

Thinking - last I heard, I could have some big changes with my class list in the fall...I don't like not knowing what's going on!

Wanting - the poor cats don't know what to do with a dog in the house now. They are still preferring to hide in the basement most of the time. They'll come around eventually; they always do!

Needing - oh my goodness, my hair is a mess. I need to get it taken care of in a major way! I'm thinking of going short this time...

Tips - Don't stress! There can be a tendency to stress about not keeping up with posting/reading, not making enough products, not getting the sales you expected, not making X, Y, or Z for the classroom you saw on Pinterest or Monday Made It, etc. etc. etc...I just need to remind myself why I do this in the first place - it's for the kids! For me to become a better, more creative and inspired teacher. It's great to have blogging/selling/etc. goals - but don't let them stress you out. It defeats the purpose!

So, go ahead and link up with Farley:

Finally, I'm joining with some other fabulous sellers in the Fourth of July sale! Tomorrow and Thursday, my entire store will be 20% off! Happy Fourth of July! Click the image to go to my store:

And Mrs. Reed from Flying into First Grade has put together a linky for all the sellers who are doing Fourth of July sales...check it out to either link up your own sale or go shopping!






(Coming tomorrow: See what fun bloggy thing I did on Saturday!!)

5 comments:

  1. I am right there with you in the hair department. It seems so hard to find the time to get it done. Thanks for the heads up about the 4th of July linky. I was planning on doing it anyway, so it is great to know others are too. Happy I found your blog through this month's currently and I am now a follower.
    -Jaime
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Bright-Concepts-4-Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wanting a new haircut too! Hope you are enjoying your summer!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprise class lists....that sounds like fun.

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your tip of not stressing about blogging! Just the other day, I was thinking about quitting my blog, but then I thought it doesn't matter how many followers I have or that I don't have a store to sell things, I can blog for the enjoyment of it! I hope your surprise class list is a good surprise! I know how it is in special ed. things aren't always final until the first day.. or week!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so out of the loop! I left for Houston the very next morning at 5:00 AM and just got back today. . . I've been following FB and some blogs but it's hard to do when you're on VACA!
    I'm so glad that you could make it to our Michigan Meet Up, and it was fun to meet you too. I have a sneaky feeling this group will do some other gatherings at least once a year if not more!
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover