Saturday, November 2, 2013

November Currently

It's hard to believe it's already November! We are finally done with state testing at work, and now we're approaching report card and parent-teacher conference time...Anyone else feel like this school year is going slower than molasses in January and faster than ever, all at the same time?

Listening - While everyone else in my area is all excited over a certain football game today (Michigan vs. Michigan State), I really couldn't care less, and am happily running old episodes of Gilmore Girls as I get some work done today!

Loving - We have an entire day of records on Monday, and Tuesday is election day - I don't have to go in at all on Tuesday! My entire district's schools are polling places, so we cannot be in buildings on November election days. Love that little gift of a bonus day off!

Thinking - Our November unit is called "Science Fair," so we get to spend the month being scientists and doing all sorts of fun experiments! I'll be sure to post details! Soup is also on my mind, as it's a chilly, damp fall day. Soup is one of my favorite things to make in the winter. This weekend I'm going to make a bunch to freeze and have on hand. And going for the alliteration trifecta...I know a secret that I'm very excited about...just waiting for it to go "public/official" and I can talk about it finally!

Wanting - Soup again...Might have to be soup for dinner, instead, because...

Needing - I desperately need to go grocery shopping. It might be time to get out of the sweats and venture out to the store. I just love lazy Saturdays snuggled up with a blanket and the puppy on the couch but it's time to join the land of the living and be productive!

A Yummy Pin - In keeping with the soup theme, this pin is one I haven't tried yet, but is on my list to make this weekend (after the grocery shopping, of course). Click the picture to go to the source/recipe:

In other news, my plans for the near future of blogging/teaching include reinstating Tasty Tuesday and redoing how I create visual recipes both for my students and the blog. Here's a preview of a recipe I'm working on for next week (which might end up being the week after, because of our days off this week):

So, stay tuned! And go link up with Farley's Currently, if you haven't already:

4 comments:

  1. Science is my absolute favorite...what a great time of year! Sounds a like a great day watching Gilmore Girls reruns, I'd pick that over football anyday.

    Amber
    SSSTeaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks dynamite! Your "Loving" topic about having the extra day coincides right with my "needing" topic in my blog post! I NEED one day a week without the kids! Enjoy your day off, I know I enjoyed mine last week! Your blog is beautiful!

    Bridget
    Hardcore Teacher Resources

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gilmore Girls! I always thought my mom and I had a similar relationship to Lorelai and Rory, which is awesome. Science experiments are always so much fun! :)

    Lindsey
    The Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that you have Monday and Tuesday off! We only have Tuesday :( I guess you take what you can get! :)
    I'm loving the visual recipes! I can't wait to see them finished!
    Kim
    Mrs. H's Resource Room

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover