Monday, January 13, 2014

Creating a YouTube Playlist

A sweet reader, Michie, left me a message on my last post about my "Rights and Responsibilities" playlist. (Thank you, Michie - I'm always so thrilled to hear from other sped teachers!!) Among other things, she asked how I make our YouTube playlists - I thought I would share the "how-to" for anyone else who would like to know:

Note: I make my playlists on our iPad using the YouTube app, so that's how these instructions go. I'm sure it is a similar process if you use the website on a computer but I've never done it that way. Click the images to view larger screenshots if you wish.

First, you need to sign into YouTube (via the app). I created a just-for-the-classroom gmail account and just use that. Once signed in, you will be able to create and save playlists.

Then, search for a video you want. On the app, the search field is the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner.

Once your video is playing, tap the plus sign (lower left side of the screen) and then tap "Add to Playlist..."

In the popup that appears, tap "Create New Playlist..." and then tap "Select."

Once you name your new playlist, the video should be added to the new playlist automatically. You will see this notification (checkmark with "Added to playlist"); if you don't, just try it again.

Search for another video; when you tap the plus sign and "Add to Playlist" this time, you should see your new playlist's name. Tap that, then "select," and the new video should be added.

Once you've added all the videos you'd like in the playlist, go to your login sidebar (to view it, just minimize any video onscreen) and tap "Playlists," and then select the name of your playlist.

Tap "Play All" (near the top) and your playlist should play through each video in the list.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I have a YouTube account, but I don't know anything! This was helpful :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! Not just for education either, now I can put all of those Zumba videos in order on YouTube and make a whole workout! ;) LOL!
    Kim
    Mrs. H’s Resource Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. my youtube app still isn't working.. Good tips to solve this problem of youtube support .greatly appreciated!!
    Youtube Help

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover