Sunday, February 2, 2014

February Currently


Yes, I'm listening to the Super Bowl halftime show right now. Only watching the Super Bowl for the commercials, to be perfectly honest - I loved the Cheerios commercial!

And I'm loving the sunshine we in my city had today - we have not seen the sun in weeks. It was so great to see it attempting to peek out of the clouds today! I walked out of church and just basked in it! Everyone was so excited...even though it didn't last.

My thinking - wanting - needing may seem like they contradict each other. I do have a lot to do to prep for tomorrow, and I always wish I had another day of weekend! But, we have had so many snow days lately that I'm definitely hoping for a full week of school this week! I will have everything I need to have done for tomorrow, no worries...I just need to print a couple things and I'm all set. Here's hoping for a full week!

My two truths and a fib: 1. I saw Simon and Garfunkel in concert - truth. I grew up listening to Simon and Garfunkel, and my dad and I had the privilege of seeing them on their reunion tour in Detroit in 2003. It was amazing! Even at 70+ years old they could still bring it.

2. I eat peanut butter every day - fib! I can't stand peanut butter. It is the one food that makes me gag.

3. I've read 10 books so far in 2013 - truth...though, it's supposed to say 2014! LOL. I am too lazy to go back and change the graphic; even two months in, is hard to switch the year in my mind! But I've been reading...This doesn't count books I've read at school/to my students. I made it a goal of mine to read more - just for pleasure - in 2014. The 10 books have all been novels - and I'm sure it's been helped along by the end of winter break and several snow days in this year so far! But I'm hoping to continue reading as much as I can - for fun - this year.

Check out the other February Currentlys here:

4 comments:

  1. 10 books! I'm so impressed. Which one was best?
    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, and I'm loving it! Are you on Twitter? Come visit me if you have a minute: www.lessonsfromlifeskills.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I thought that this new teacher-seller website might interest you. They are based in Canada and offer features that are not found on similar sites. They also have a lot of new features coming. Here is a link: Created by Teachers, Exclusively for Teachers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover