Saturday, February 1, 2014

Winter art and some things in the works...

Oh goodness, I've already failed on my New Year's Resolution to blog more...this is why I don't like making resolutions! (I actually say this in jest, though - people, be kind to yourselves regarding resolutions! I am a firm believer that they...and blogging, for that matter...should absolutely not add stress to your life!)

We've missed quite a few Tasty Tuesdays in our class due to many days off (5 already!) for snow/wind chill days, hence the lack of posting at least on those days. Hopefully we will be back with cooking class next week, so that will resume! I am working on a set of kitchen/recipe terms and work related to that which I'm pretty excited about, so that's coming soon - here's a quick preview of some of what I'm working on (a picture dictionary of sorts, among other things):

We did manage to have school for a whopping three days this week, though most in our area did not (I am actually really ready to have a full week of school by now). On Wednesday, we decided to embrace the cold and snow and do a wintery art project - that turned out great, if I do say so myself!

This was a Pinterst project, but right now I can't seem to find the original pin for the life of me. If I do, I'll come back and link to it. But basically, the students used masking tape on white paper to make their tree trunk/branches. Then, they used wintery watercolors (only using purple, blue, black and brown) to cover the entire paper. When it dried, we carefully removed the masking tape and this was the result -

Also, I've gotten a few messages lately asking about teaching a severe-multiple classroom, my daily schedule, Unique Learning System, and the like. I'm working on post(s) for those inquiries, so be on the lookout! I'd love to say I've done a lot towards blogging and finishing those posts with all the days off of school I've had lately...but that'd be stretching it quite a bit. Coming soon, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover