Monday, August 4, 2014

August Currently (and that little ol' sale!)

Getting my feet wet (ha!) back into this whole blogging thing with August's Currently!

Listening - I love the 90s Pop station! Brings me right back to junior high and high school...Nostalgia music is some of the best. Sometimes I convince my students to pick this station for our Pandora choice in the mornings during arrivals and breakfast :)

Loving - My sweet niece was born at the end of May and I am absolutely loving being an aunt! I get to hang out with the baby every Tuesday evening and I can't believe how much she's growing up already!

Thinking - There are going to be a lot of changes for me this coming school year. A new principal, two students who moved away, another who is aging up to the next classroom, and several new students. As my students who left were some of my highest-functioning, and the kiddos I'm getting in are quite a bit lower-functioning than I've had in the past, it's going to be a much different room in the fall!

Wanting/Needing - I'm feeling the crunch of needing to be ready for the new school year - especially because of all the changes. I want to be 100% ready way before the first day, as much as I can be.

1st Days - I'm still teaching summer school three days per week until the end of August; then our new school year begins the day after Labor Day (law in Michigan).

Currently linkup:
Oh yeah, and my TPT store is participating in that big sale thing that's going on today and tomorrow...You know the one? I have a few new products (more of my visual recipes, mostly) prepped and on sale along with the rest of my store:
Happy Back to School!

I already shopped at the sale myself this morning, and still have items on my wishlist that I may just have to go back and purchase before the sale is over. I love Back to School sales of all kinds...but this one just might be my favorite!

4 comments:

  1. Love me some 90's music! Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I'll be listening to as I clean the house later today!
    Wow, sounds like you have lots of changes happening at school. Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel about the cleaning fairy! I moved rooms and the room I'm in was a disaster. I'm thankful for aids that were willing to come in with no pay and help me or I'd be in a mess right now. I'm going to make it up to them somehow. Not a lot of people would work without pay. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    -Tasha
    A Tender Teacher for Special Needs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover