Sunday, October 5, 2014

October Currently, and near-future blogging plans

I'm a bit late to this party, and I still can't believe it's already October!


Listening: I'm kind of obsessed with HGTV shows. They're my go-to while working on lessons or products! I get to live vicariously through all these people who buy great houses and/or renovate. I'd love to be able to buy my "dream" house one day!

Loving and Wanting: It has gotten so cold here! I'm still refusing to turn on the heat, so I'm bundling up and eating a lot of soup! I have these fantastic ingredients sitting on the counter for my dinner - I'm making myself finish my prep for this week, as well as this blog post, before I make my super-easy, super-delicious miso soup! Nothing like soup as a motivator!

Thinking: After seeing and hearing about Stitch Fix on so many of your blogs, I decided to give it a try. I hate clothes shopping, so I'm looking forward to someone else doing it for me! I got this great email a couple days ago, and I should have my first "Fix" on Wednesday - I can't wait!

Needing: Our October unit is "America Long Ago" - I've been kind of uninspired as of yet (it doesn't help that I think they should do this unit in November, since it features Squanto and the Pilgrims, etc...). I need to finalize plans. This may be a "light" month in using our curriculum (which I am lucky to be able/allowed to do at my school) since we have a lot of other "stuff" going on at school this month, anyway.

Trick or Treat: I am in the middle of three or four different, new products right now, so I did not create any new 'treat' - but here is an "oldie but goodie" freebie from me - a math center activity to go with the book "The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything!" Click to snag the freebie:

I love this monthly linky - go ahead and check out other bloggers' October thoughts here:

Finally, in my post title, I promised some of my blogging plans for the near future. So, I've decided to schedule out some posts - because otherwise, I've been finding it difficult to blog when I actually "plan" on blogging. If I have a bank of posts set, I think it'll definitely work better for me now. Upcoming posts are mostly inspired by recent comments, emails and questions I've received (if I've not responded to a comment or email you've sent recently, I'm sorry - it's coming!):

-Circle Time/Morning Meeting - how it works in my room
-Unique Learning System (ULS) - our curriculum and how I organize/use it
-Question of the Day - this is actually one of the products I'm in the middle of creating, and I'll talk more about how I do Question of the Day in my room and what additions/new ideas I've had while creating a product for it

...and more. Stay tuned!
Now I'm off to make my miso soup for a late dinner!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kara-thanks for stopping by :)

    Please let us know how your stitch fix went! I've been wanting to do it for some time now, but am too chicken to take the plunge...

    enjoy your awesome soup,
    adriana
    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!! First of all, I LOVE your blog design!!! Elephants are awesome!

    I am also obsessed with HGTV! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I watch every weekend. I think it's what motivates me to keep my house clean. Lol

    Stitch Fix is awesome. I signed up, but I am trying to lose weight, so I decided that once I meet my goal, I will order something from there. :) I am getting close!!!!

    Brianne

    Hooo-Ray For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love HGTV too! I often find myself marathon watching on the weekends while I'm working around the house!! I love the look of your blog! It's so unique.
    Glad I found you through the linky.
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love HGTV as well. Your soup looks yummy! I love soups

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all is well. Looking forward to your posts. I was wondering - do you have any posts on how you do lesson planning? My school wants me to turn in weekly plans with how I'm addressing the alternate assessments, etc, and I am having trouble finding a format that works. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, i really like it.if you enjoy our site as if you pla t follow: http://www.robesdemariee2013.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gifts that you have. They are all very cute and unique. I love finding unique gifts for my friends and family. I want to them to know that I think about them when I am picking out a gift.website hosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for any other informative site. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such an ideal approach? I have a challenge that I'm just now working on, and I've been at the glance out for such information 8 Simple Ways To Save Money

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super blog and very interesting information which I always wanted to search many article but you article is really fantastic.
    Startup Ventures

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover